The MCCS Libraries maintain a collection of print, audio-visual, early literacy programs, book clubs, and electronic resources for educational, informational and recreational pursuits. Resources and services are available to Marines and families.
Open to all authorized patrons.
- Children: Ages Infant to 11
- Teen: Ages 12-18
- Adult: Ages 18+
You must register and log reading minutes online. Final reading minutes must be logged online by 9PM on Monday, August 7, to qualify for the grand prizes.
Guidelines and Rules:
- Register for the Summer Reading Program online at lejeunenewriver.beanstack.org. EVERYONE MUST REGISTER ONLINE.
- Registration begins online on June 1 at 9 AM.
- Fill out the registration form online.
- Log your reading time starting on June 9 at 9 AM and ending August 7 at 9 PM for all programs.
- Keep track online of minutes read.
- All reading counts regardless of the medium of the materials.
- Reading aloud to your children counts toward your and their reading time.
- Prizes will be awarded at the end of the Summer. Locations must be specified online as to which library (Harriotte B. Smith, Camp Johnson Library, or New River Air Station) will be your pick up point. The default library is the Harriotte B. Smith Library.
Events will be announced via Facebook Group, Beanstack, and Library Calendar.
All Level Prizes (Kids, Teens, and Adults) are earned during the Summer Reading Program for reading minutes. Substitutions will be made without notice as prizes run out.
Summer Reading Program prizes will be handed out beginning Aug. 11 at the Summer Reading Program finale. If you are unable to attend that event, please visit your designated library beginning at 10AM on Aug. 14. Children, teens, and adults that are eligible for a level prize will have a bag with their name on it. If no location is specified on registration form, prizes will be at the Harriotte B. Smith Library for pick up. Please pay close attention to your Beanstack online account for announcements regarding pick up and locations. This information will also go out on Facebook.