Outdoor Adventures hosts a variety of recreational activities including Unit Recreation, Youth Summer Camps, Kayak Tours, Archery events and more! We also offer outdoor facility rentals such as Hospital Point Picnic Area and Orde Pond Picnic Area as well as 7 primitive campsites at our Brewster Recreation Area. Check out our calendar below for our upcoming events!
Customize your outdoor recreation experience with Mountain Biking, Archery Tag, Kayaking or GelBlaster! Each activity is designed to assist with building resiliency, unit cohesion, morale, teamwork, physical fitness, and communication. Sessions are 90 minutes long and must be scheduled at least a week in advance. Minimum group size is 10 participants. Call for details.
Bldg. 1100 West Rd.
(Between Ash and Birch St.)
Camp Lejeune, NC
We have moved to a new location.
|Monday||8AM - 3PM|
|Tuesday||Noon - 3PM|
|Thursday & Friday||8AM - 3PM|
|Saturday||8AM - 2PM|
|Holiday hours may vary.|
|6 primitive tent camping spaces||1 group campsite|
|Canoe & kayak launch||Potable water & port-a-john toilets|
|Most of the campsites are equipped with a picnic shelter, picnic table, and fire ring.|
Reservations & Pricing
• Reservations must be made at least 48 hours prior to date requested.
• Reservations aren’t confirmed until payment is received. Payment may be made at the Outdoor Adventures Office (Bldg. 728).
|Single site (12 people)||$15|
|Group site (40 people)||$30|
|Check-in & Checkout|
On your own
|Please contact the Outdoor Recreation Office with your check-in time. If late checkout is needed, please make arrangements in advance.|
Rules & Regulations
- All individuals are to adhere to the Leave No Trace principles.
- Pets must remain under the guest's control and in sight at all times.
- Owners are responsible for their pet's behavior.
- Please clean up after your pet at all times
- Children under the age of 10 must be supervised at all times.
- Quiet hours are between 10PM - 6AM. No excessive noise will be permitted at any time.
|Base Emergency Communication Center||910.451.3004|
Ground fires are allowed in a fire ring with a hot works permit given by the base Fire Marshall. Fires are only permitted in assigned areas.
In order to receive a Hot Works Permit you must have the following items on your site:
- Bucket of water (5 gallons)
- Rack or shovel
Permits will not be given under the following conditions:
- If the National Weather Service issues a red flag for burning
- When the base is in a Class V Fire Condition
To apply for a Hot Works permit, please contact the base Fire Marshall at 910.451.3004.
Picnic Area Reservations:
- Great for Birthday Parties, Cookouts, Farewells, Retirements, Baby Showers, or Reunions
- $10 per hour
- Covered Shelters
- Maximum Capacity 300
- For Reservations call: (910) 451-1440 | Mon. - Fri.: 9AM - 4PM or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hospital Point Picnic Area
- Orde Pond Picnic Area
Picnic area open for daytime use only.
Marine Corps Base Camp Lejeune offers a variety of fishing opportunities for the hobbyist angler. Ocean front, inlet and fresh water areas are available for fishing. Information concerning these areas can be obtained from the facilities below:
|Base Game Warden||910.451.2196|
Rules of Conduct
- Always pick-up litter and deposit it in an approved trash receptacle.
- Never spade or dig bait along shoreline that can lead to soil erosion.
- Only use rowboats, canoes, or boats powered by electric trolling motors within the Base Ponds, to decrease the effect of pollution.
Camp Lejeune currently maintains eight ponds, 46.5 acres total, which are managed by the Fish and Wildlife Section of the Environmental Management Division.
|Cedar Point Pond||2.0||BL, BA|
|Henderson Pond||14.0||BL, BA|
|Hickory Pond||5.5||BL, BA|
|Mile Hammock Bay Pond||1.5||BL, BA|
|Orde Pond||3.0||BL, BA|
|Ward Pond||1.5||BL, BA|
|Old Landfill Pond||17.5||BA, C|
* BL= Bluegill, BA=Bass, C=Channel Catfish
Fishing Permits & Licenses
Licenses (Required for individuals 16 years or older)
Any individuals 16 years or older who want to recreationally fish in any water designated as coastal or joint waters of North Carolina must purchase a NC Coastal Recreational Fishing License (CRFL). Fishing licenses can be obtained at the New River Marina.
Base Fishing Permits
Current Base Order requires anyone over the age of 16 that wants to fish to have a NC state fishing license and a base fishing permit. Children under the age of 16 do not need a state fishing license nor a base fishing permit but must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.Base Fishing Permits