Did you know that a Permanent Change of Station (PCS) workshop is offered at every installation by the Information, Referral and Relocation (I&R) specialist? Help yourself manage the stress by getting ahead and learning about the resources in order to have a smooth move. Attendance is mandatory per MCO 1754.10A, and spouses are highly encouraged to attend with their Marine as well.
During the workshop subject matter experts will provide information on:
- Household goods allowances
- Housing at your gaining installation
- How to calculate what personal costs you will incur, and which expenses can be charged to your Government travel card
- School Liaison Office resources
- Spouse employment resources
- How a sponsor can assist you
- Information on moving with pets
- Information about Lending Locker availability
- Program information and point of contact (POC) lists for your gaining installation
- ‘Must Know’ lists for moving overseas
In addition, your I&R specialist will connect you to online resources to help your PCS go smoothly.
Not moving to a Marine Corps installation? The PCS workshop is still for you! Your I&R specialist can provide you with sister service resources and POC information.
Currently on a sister service installation? PCS workshops are offered by all relocation offices regardless of the branch of service.
If you are stationed remotely, you can call MARFORRES at 866-305-9058 for relocation as well as I&R services.
You are not alone in your move! If you’re not sure where to start, contact your installation’s Information, Referral, and Relocation office with questions.